Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Night Before

Wow...After a LONG LONG day packing and getting things together I am finally done! And ready to head to Liberia! But it wasn't an easy day...Satan surely tried to get me down by throwing almost every obstacle in my way! So ya'll know how I am going a week early to be a photographer for this organization called LACES...well that would mean I would need a camera which I have; well had...my Nikon D70s SLR camera decided to stop working today of all days after being a charm for 4 good years!! I was so upset and didn't know what to do but the Lord prevailed and I ended up purchasing a new Nikon D90 SLR! She is a beauty! But...that's not to say it didn't almost rip my heart out to drop that money on an unexpected purchase the day before I left for Africa! To be a photographer at that...God-1; Satan-0. Then I realized that the 2 brand new memory cards that I purchased 2 days ago don't work with this camera so I had to take them back to Walmart. Well I was already on the eastside so I decided to return them there...they told me I couldn't after I had already called ahead to make sure I could. But this lady wouldn't budge... So hopped back in my car and went across town to the Epps Bridge Wally World to not only exchange those cards for the right ones but also pick up a couple last minute travel items all for the price of the original memory cards. God-2;Satan-0! After being up since 7am and having a taxing day of errands and mishaps...here I am; writing to you all.
I am soooo excited about this trip! But I feel that today I haven't had a chance to really experience that excitement. Please be praying that during our travels, Amanda (my traveling buddy :) ) and I will be able to just REST in Him and in His presence! So that we can re-cooperate for what He has in store for us in Liberia! Thank you all so much for your prayers and support over the past few months! But with the major camera purchase today, please be praying for the Lord to send me a financial encouragement!! I know that the Lord wants me in Liberia...and Satan schemes cannot stop the power of the Lord! I love you all so much and I will be praying for you while I am gone! Get ready to see some pictures of the most precious and beautiful people!! Off to bed now...I have to leave my house at 5am to get to the airport by 7! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

Recklessly Trusting,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment