Tuesday, May 25, 2010

We Made It!

Wow...after 2 days of traveling we finally made it! Seren Frost (The founder of the organization we are working with) met us at the airport and then we got some dinner. I had a hamburger...or what they said was a hamburger haha. It certainly was nothing like our hamburger meat in the US. But, never the less I ate it and it hasn't bothered me yet. Then we drove about 40 minutes to the place where we are staying. We are in a guest house with two beds, a bathroom and a small kitchen. Oh...and it is right on the Atlantic Coast! I can literally hear the waves crashing outside my window! As for this morning we woke up and went to a grocery store that caters to Americans haha...it was crazy. And a lot more expensive than home! But we only bought a few things for when we go out into the bush for a few days. Today we will just be helping Seren with a few things in the office and we are also going to visit Pastor Roberts family at their home. Anything beyond that is a little up in the air because one of the coaches for LACES out in Konia past away yesterday so we are working around that to know when we are actually headed out to Konia to work. But first and foremost we will be going for the funeral and to see his family. I will try to update again tomorrow! I love all of you and hopefully I will be able to post a few photos in the next few days! Talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment